- Technical Details
SMASHER is a high performance bag blender, that ensures sample homogeneity before microbial detection or identification tests. This innovative automated system is part of the AES Blue Line, which offers fully automated systems for food microbiology laboratories.
SMASHER : fast and high efficiency blending
SMASHER system relies on the patented Smash technique.
It crushes the sample in record time and then automatically adjusts its mixing speed for a perfectly homogenised enrichment broth.
A study conducted by an independent laboratory showed that the SMASHER® tested at15 and 30 second blending times made it possible to obtain results similar to those of the compared blender tested at 60 second blending time.
Why choose SMASHERs ?
- Rapid crushing: between 15 and 30 seconds are needed for a perfectly homogenized sample
- Low noise level: 19 to 30 times less noisy than other commercialized peristaltic blenders
- Easy maintenance: paddles can be easily removed for cleaning, and an integrated waste drawer ensures that spillages are contained
- Digital control, keypad and LCD display
- Elapsed time bargraph display
- Adjustable speed (strokes/min): slow (500), normal(560) & fast (620)
- Blending capacity: 80 to 400 ml bags
- Removable stainless steel paddles
- Integrated waste drawer. Leak proof Blending chamber
- Protection of the motor & machinery: electronic circuit-braker No access to the chamber during operation, door activated start/stop
- Power supply: 115 V ± 10 %/50-60 Hz / 1 A or 230 V ± 10 %/50-60 Hz /0,5 A
- Adjustable timer: 10 s. to 3 min or continuous
- Dimensions: W 400 mm, H 330 mm, D 380 mm Weight: 21 kg