Biosafety Cabinet BioVanguard
BioVanguard B is a Class II (Type A2) cabinet designed for high risk microbiological and high toxic applications, such as the production of cytotoxic medicines (biosafety levels 1, 2 and 3).
Telstar BioVanguard Series, our newest range of high quality Class II Biological Safety Cabinets ensures the highest level of protection for operator, product and environment, minimizing hazards inherent to working with agents assigned to biosafety levels 1, 2 and 3.
This series has been designed according to the highest standards of quality, biological safety, reliability, ergonomics and usability and meets latest customer requirements such as low energy consumption and low sound level.
BioVanguard Series is designed and manufactured according to international biosafety standards EN12469: Class II, NSF49: Class II Type A2, JIS K 3800: Class II Type A2. The working area is classified as ISO 14644-1: Class 5, GMP Annex 1: Class A and PIC’s. BioVanguard B is also designed and manufactured according to DIN 12980: Class II.
BioVanguard B provides operator protection by inflow, product protection by HEPA-filtered laminar down flow in the working area (30% exhaust; 70% recirculation) and environmental protection by HEPA-filtered exhaust air.
BioVanguard B is equipped with additional V-shaped HEPA filters underneath the work surface, which filter the inflow air and keep the internal construction of the cabinet free of contamination and therefore ensures the topmost safety for high risk applications.
- Green Line EC fans ensure low energy consumption and low sound level.
- Down flow velocity can be set according to GMP Annex 1 and PIC’s regulations.
- Accurate and independent control for inflow and down flowvelocity; fast and easy adjustable to on site conditions (building, HVAC, laboratory).
- Exceeds EN12469 standard: Because of the multi-shell construction all contaminated areas are under or surrounded by negative pressure.
- Worktop with V shaped air slits provides superior safety by preventing blocking the inflow and contamination of operator’s sleeves.
- Standard equipped with pre-filter and drip tray. This prevents dust, dirt and particles to gather in the interior of the cabinet, ensuring maximum HEPA filter lifetime and effect of decontamination.
- Filter clogging monitoring, shown in Pascal in the control panel
- Self-compensation for the clogging of filters optimizes filter uses and minimizes service.
- Innovative, unique and patented 4F System (Fast, Friendly and eFFicient) to replace the filters: Filters are easily accessible from the front of the cabinet using an unique fast tightening/untightening device, reducing the time required to replace the filters to five minutes.
- Working area classified as ISO Class 5, GMP Class A
- Advanced sliding/hinged window: The front window can be hinged completely, opening the entire work area for easy cleaning and (un) loading large items.
- Sloped front window (laminated safety glass) for ergonomic work position of the operator and has predefined working, open and close position.
- Ergonomic epoxy coated aluminum arm rest provides comfort for the operator.
- Ergonomic lighting is outside the work area, so it does not disturb the down flow, create inconvenient shades or create obstructions during cleaning.
- Ergonomic foot rest is integrated in the optional available support frame.
- Standard equipped with seamless and easy to clean stainless steel single piece work top
- Standard equipped with stainless steel work area in one piece with round corners, allowing easy cleaning
- Easy to connect to a duct: For all sizes of cabinets, the exhaust filter is standard positioned at the center of cabinet
- Smart positioned, easy replaceable velocity sensors
- User-friendly LCD control panel, positioned in an angle, showing the operator all relevant functions and alarm at a glance.
- Green light indicates safe work mode
- Red light indicates alarm (visual and audible) for:
- Downflow (high/low)
- Inflow (high/low)
- Window (out of working position)
- Filter clogging in Pascal
- Switch for work mode (on/off) *
- Switch for stand-by mode (on/off)
- Switch for UV light (on/off) *
- Switch for FL light (on/off)
- Switch for power socket (on/off) *
- Switch for gas valve (on/off)
- English, Spanish, French, German and Dutch language
- Real-time clock
- Total running hours for fan, FL, UV
- Pin code to prevent unauthorized usage
- RS 232 and RS 485 connection
- Volt free contacts for forwarding alarms to building management systems
- Prepared for control of disinfection options
* Also controllable by programmable clock (on/off) or timer (off)
- Gas valve safety control: Gas can only be switched on when the cabinet indicates safe work mode. If the cabinet is switched off or shows an alarm, the gas will automatically be switched off.
- UV light safety control: FL light will be switched off when UV light is switched on
- Two redundant microprocessors (fail-safe synchronization)
- Available in 4 and 6 ft (120 and 180 cm).