Biosafety Cabinet EuroFlow – Type EF
Type EF of EuroFlow Series is a Class II (Type A2) cabinet designed for microbiological research with biological agents (e.g. bacteria, viruses, etc) and allergens (biosafety levels 1, 2 and 3).
Telstar Clean Air EuroFlow Series, our top range of high quality Class II Biological Safety Cabinets ensures the highest level of protection for operator, product and environment, minimizing hazards inherent to working with agents assigned to biosafety levels 1, 2 and 3.
This series has been designed according to the highest standards of quality, biological safety, reliability,
ergonomics and usability.
EuroFlow Series is designed and manufactured according to international biosafety standards EN12469 (Class II), NSF49 (Class II Type A2) and JIS K 3800 (Class II Type A2). EuroFlow Series is fully certified by TüV Nord in accordance with EN 12469. The working area is classified as ISO 14644-1 (Class 5) and GMP Annex 1 (Class A).
Type EF provides operator protection by inflow, product protection by HEPA-filtered laminar downflow in the working area (30% exhaust; 70% recirculation) and environmental protection by HEPA-filtered exhaust air.
Exceptionally suitable to adapt to many customer specific applications, for example incorporating weighing systems, microscopes etc.
- Solid starting point for the design of custom made solutionssuch as isolators for pharmaceutical, biotechnical and food industry etc.
- Standard equipped with:
- Epoxy coated exterior
- Stainless Steel interior
- Stainless Steel one piece worktop
- Fully certified by TüV Nord in accordance with EN 12469
- Exceeds EN12469 standard; Because of the multi-shell construction all contaminated areas are under or surrounded by negative pressure.
- Worktop with V-shaped air slits provides superior safety by preventing blocking the inflow and contamination from the operator’s sleeves.
- Filter clogging monitoring, shown in Pascal in the control panel.
- Automatic filter clogging compensation: The microprocessor will automatically increase the fan speed to compensate filter clogging etc.
- All technical parts (filters, etc) are easy accessible from the front of the cabinet.
- Working area classified as ISO 14644-1 (Class 5), GMP Annex 1 (Class A).
- Advanced sliding/hinged window: The front window can be lifted completely, opening the entire work area for easy cleaning and (un)loading large items.
- Laminated safety glass front window (8 mm, 2 layers) with predefined working, open and close position.
- Ergonomic epoxy coated aluminium arm rest provides comfort for the operator.
- Lighting positioned outside the work area. This does not disturb the downflow, nor create inconvenient shades, nor create obstructions during cleaning.
- Ergonomic foot rest is integrated in the optional available support frame.
- Standard equipped with seamless one piece Stainless Steel worktop. Easy to clean and able to collect 2-3 extra Litres of spilled liquids.
- Standard equipped with one piece Stainless Steel work area with rounded corners, allowing easy cleaning.
- Easy to connect to a duct: Exhaust filter is standard positioned at the right hand side on top of cabinet (except for Type EF/B 6: exhaust positioned at the center).
- Smart positioned, easy replaceable air velocity sensors.
- User-friendly LCD control panel, positioned in an angle, showing the operator all relevant functions and alarms at a glance.
- Green light indicates safe work mode
- Red light indicates alarm (visual and audible) for:
- Downflow (high/low)
- Inflow (high/low)
- Window (out of working position)
- Filter clogging in Pascal
- Switch for work mode (on/off) *
- Switch for stand-by mode (on/off)
- Switch for UV light (on/off) *
- Switch for FL light (on/off)
- Switch for power socket (on/off) *
- Switch for gas valve (on/off)
- English, Spanish, French, German and Dutch language
- Real-time clock
- Total running hours for fan, FL, UV
- Pin code to prevent unauthorised usage
- RS 232 and RS 485 connection
- Volt free contact for forwarding alarms to building management systems
- Volt free contact(s) which can be used to switch on/off an external system such as additional exhaust system/fan
- Prepared for control of disinfection options
* Also controllable by programmable clock (on/off) or timer (off)
Gas valve safety control: Gas can only be switched on when the cabinet indicates safe work mode. If the cabinet is switched off or shows an alarm, the gas will automatically be switched off.
- UV light safety control: FL light will be switched off when UV light is switched on.
- Two redundant microprocessors (fail-safe synchronization).
- Optional: Downflow velocity can be set according to GMP Annex 1 and PIC’s regulations.
- Optional: Pre-filter and drip tray. This prevents dust, dirt and particles to gather in the interior of the cabinet, ensuring maximum HEPA filter lifetime and effect of decontamination.
- Standard available in 4, 5 and 6 ft width (120, 150 and 180 cm).