RIQAS - Randox International Quality Assessment Scheme
RIQAS is the largest international EQA scheme in the world. It is used by more than 10,000 laboratories in 86 countries worldwide. Laboratory accreditation
RIQAS provides Certificates of Participation as proof of EQA participation for laboratory accreditation. Randox and RIQAS systems and procedures are accredited to a number of internationally recognised standards:
- ISO 13485:2003 for the design and manufacture of medical devices
- United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accreditation to ISO/IEC Guide 43-1:1997 “Development and operation of proficiency testing schemes” through assessment against ILAC-G13:2007 “Guidelines for the Requirements for the Competence of Providers of Proficiency Testing Schemes”
- Recognised by the UK National Quality Assurance Advisory Panel (NQAAP)
- Recognised by the Joint Working Group on Quality Assurance (JWG QA)
- Blood Gas
- Clinical Chemistry
- Glycated Haemoglobin (HbA1c)
- Human Urine
- Liquid Cardiac
- Maternal Screening
- Specific Proteins
- Therapeutic Drugs
- Urine Toxicology
Participation in RIQAS
- After completion of enrolment documents, participant registers methods used in their lab.
- Participant recieves a set of numbered samples for the cycle.
- Participant analyses the sample preferably on the recommended date.
- Participant receives report by e-mail or post.
- Participant uploads the results to RIQAS, or sends the return sheet by fax or post, before the “final date” deadline.
- Participant enters the results on the web, e-transfer software or on the return sheet.
- Participant reviews the report to assess performance.
- Participant receives a certificate for participating at the end of the cycle